Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Tomorrow is Holiday


Yes, I know it's Valentines day but thats not the real holiday. Thursday is when pitchers and catchers reports for Major League Baseball training camp. I know it probably doesn't seem like much to most people, but to me, it's the start of the holiday season. It's hard to explain to someone who isn't into baseball, but to those who are you understand. Baseball has a magical kind of feeling, all sports are great but baseball has something the others don't. I can't even really explain it other than to say this is one of my favorite days of the year. It gets even better on Opening Day, that's my Christmas. I will take half a day off and come home and watch baseball until midnight. Until then, it's practice games and watching Field of Dreams. GO TRIBE!!!

6 comments:

Tommy said...

Magical feeling? I bet the players all feel that also; too bad it's from steroids and HGH...

Oh wait; that's right; none of them do that...

How silly of me...

Danny Baddeley said...

Hate the playa, not the game!

bekster said...

White people should never use the word "playa". It just ain't right.

Danny Baddeley said...

Trust me, I felt just as weird typing it.

Anonymous said...

I share your enthusiasm! Not only will I be happy for MLB season to start but also your softball season. Best free entertainment in town....:)

Goode Design said...

Is baseball still a sport? i thought they all cancelled their seasons. then again, when you don't watch any sports... how would you know. I actually didn't know who won the Super Bowl until 10:40 am the next day!