Thursday, December 27, 2007

9 Year Anniversary


Today is our 9 year anniversary and what a ride so far! God has truly blessed me with an amazing wife. I consider myself lucky that I met my wife in high school. Heidi was 15 and I was 16 when we started dating and we haven't looked back. We did break up once for about a week but we called each other almost everyday so we don't count that one, we both knew we weren't really broken up. I am 31 now so Heidi as literally been around for half of my life, even still, there are things about her that remain a mystery and I look forward to figuring those things out. On more than one occasion I have had friends ask "How did you end up with her, she is so sweet and your a jerk?" I still don't have an answer for that one and I quit asking that question. Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next 9 years and beyond, I know it will be great, especially knowing Heidi is by my side.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow... Congratulations, guys!

Coach Sal said...

That's pretty awesome, guys! Huge congrats. Ann and I have been together, without even a one-day break-up, since July 19th of '86, when she was 15 and I was 17. So that's 21 years, 17 of them married, and, like you, over half our lives. It's a shame that marriages like ours are in such short supply. I wish you 99 more!