Sunday, June 17, 2007

Well, it's all over now.

All the planning, all the emails and all the phone calls paid off. It was a fantastic week of camp. The weather was great, the campers were great and the staff were all hard working servants of God. They are all truly God's camp people.

I have never been so honored as I was Friday night when Curt gave me the lanyard made by Ernest Thigpen with the gold plated whistle. I was told to be prepared to be blown away. Curt once again went above the call of duty and emotionally knocked me over. Wow.

I wanted to take a moment and personally thank a few specific people as well.

David Kelly, without you I would be in trouble. You are the man. Word!

Tommy Brown, If you weren't at camp I would cancel it. Word!

Becky Brown, the unofficial Office Manager at camp. For those of you who have never got to work with Becky, you have no idea how much works she actually does for camp.

Stephen Mynier, one word describes you. Dedication.

Larry Salley, you did a fantastic job with the education program. Your an all-star!

Mike Darling, Thanks for stepping up, I am looking forward to several years of working with you man

Mike Polutta (or is it Michale?) Thanks for the years of service. You truly have the spirit for worship.

Curt Harbuck, the internet couldn't hold all the info I could type about you. Thanks for all you have done over the years.

Thanks to all the staff who participated in Superweek! Because you were there God was able to do all he wanted to do. You are all very special to me. There are already some ideas floating around for next year. If you have one, send it to me. With this staff we can accomplish anything.

In Him,

Danny

P.S. I forgot to thank Lauren Schimizze who has a veritable shopping list full of interesting sayings. Congratulations on becoming a Senior Camper. :)

7 comments:

Alissa said...

Congrats on a good week. I am sure that you did a wonderful job and will do wonderful jobs in the future too! My in-laws and my son told me that they had a great time...the in-laws said the teaching was some of the best they had ever had at camp and my son...well, he was only there for one day and was mostly entralled with basketball shooting.

I am sure that in a week or two you will be rested up and good as new!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Danny. For the sort of "test run" year you did an awesome job. Yeah, people helped you, but getting other people to do what you need them to do is what makes a great leader. No, you are not Curt, but I'm sure it won't be long before you get campers and staff saying they wish they could be more like Danny. The parts I got to see you work on were really a lot of work, and I know that you did a lot of other things that I didn't personally witness. Even though people may not know the specifics of the personal sacrifices you make, your love for God and camp come through and are an inspiration for the rest of us. I pray that you will continue to go in the way you are already going and will be an even better leader and servant for God than you already are.

Anonymous said...

Danny,

Well done sir! My chapter is written. Go write yours!
Curt

Anonymous said...

;)

MSS said...

Danny,
It has been an honor working with you and I look forward to many more years on staff with you. We've all seen God working through you already and we all are excited to see what he does through you in the years to come.
-Michelle

Danny Baddeley said...

Thank you all for the kind words.

Anonymous said...

I think you are wonderful in more than one way. I love you