Thursday, March 8, 2007

Priorities

I have to say I am really disappointed with the media in America. (not that I was holding them with a high standard to begin with) It seems that every Tuesday night and Wednesday morning it's the same headline. "Blah Blah is the latest to get booted off of American Idol". Is this what America has come to? Is is so important to know who got kicked out of what really is a giant Karaoke contest? Does that deserve coverage over the war in Iraq, or election news or even the weather? Does it really even deserve coverage? I assume the people that want to find out what happened probably watched the show. I hope that's not why their tuning into the news. When did "Reality TV" become important? There is a war in Iraq, there is an election coming, there are bake sales for the local Little League that deserve more coverage then this! Please folks, get your priorities straight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree DBadd! See here we have this great thing called AFN where that's ALL we hear about. Well that and all the Anna Nicole mumbo jumbo that I could live without. But we're probably the most informed people about the politics & OIF/OEF. I actually can appreciate AFN now. I haven't seen a commercial for anything other than our Armed Forced in like 9 months. It's kind of nice;) They sure make for some good laughs;)