Monday, September 1, 2008

Professional Mini Golf


I know what your thinking, there's pro mini golf, really?! Yes, there is. Not to brag on myself but sometimes you just have to be happy for something you have accomplished.

For the past two years I have been working, practicing to qualify for a professional tournament. Playing two to three times a week, endless rounds, putting, re-putting, then putting again, figuring out what I need to do to get better. Finally my work has paid off. Two weekends ago at our local Mini-Golf facility, (Outdoor Family Fun Center) I won the qualifier tournament to attend the Harris Cup Mini Golf Championship in Turnersville, New Jersey. So what does that mean you may ask? It means next month on September 27th I will be playing against pro putters from all over the world for the Harris Cup Trophy and hopefully $3,500. I know, it's not exactly as much as Tiger Woods gets when he wins a tourney, but, you gotta start somewhere. Besides, I won $200 and a free nights stay in New Jersey, not to mention a wicked cool t-shirt.

I have mentioned this event to a few people and some have even laughed directly in my face. They're not bringing me down though. Once you realize that the Cleveland Indians are not going to call you to play left field you have to start looking at other options. Mini Golf is my option. Who knows how far it will go or how far I will pursue it, but for the foreseeable future I will be playing pro mini golf.

As far as I know this will be covered on the golf channel. I will let everyone know when. I'm sure it will be 3a.m on a Tuesday but you never know.

Oh, for all you camp folks, this doesn't mean I'm playing everyone at PBC for canteen bucks.
Later.

5 comments:

Lauren-Michaele said...

i think that's a great way for the director to get involved with the campers. I fully support that idea! Congrats...DORK!;)

Pete Goode said...

NJ, huh. Rebekah is from Joizey.

Pointer... watch out for left turns... not something you can easily do there... in fact, it's not legal on lots of roads.

I believe Jerz is the only state in the country that employs what are called "jug handle" turns. The ridiculous logic of getting in the RIGHT HAND LANE and turning off to another road, just to make a left hand turn.

oh, you also can't pump your own gas in NJ.

Congrats! practice, patience & perseverance pay off!

Pete Goode said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bekster said...

Wow! I have to say, I'm pretty shocked. I had to check several times to make sure of whose blog this is. Well, congratulations. That's pretty cool.

Does this mean we're going to revitalize the putt-putt course?

Paul Murphy said...

You rock. This is amazing.