Thursday, April 19, 2007

The Dry Hurricane

This has been a weird weather week here in Hendvegas. We experienced what I would call and dry hurricane although it was not quite a category one. We had sustained winds of 60 miles an hour with gusts over 80. It was scary to say the least. It was responsible for two deaths in Henderson County as well as 28,000 without power. Heidi and I were blessed enough to keep power which is unusual for us. During Hurricane Ivan we lost power for 6 days and all our food and during an ice storm last winter we lost it for 4 days. With the amount of trees that came down in Henderson county I could have started my own log cabin factory. The worst for me was the large tree limb that fell on Heidi's car and my mailbox was ripped from its post but other then that we came through ok. Thank you God! This all happened on Monday and all the power in the county was finally back on late Thursday afternoon. Of course, after the power was all back on that'swhen the severe thunderstorms with hail came through. I guess the point is pray for the people of Henderson County, there have been deaths, alot of damaged property and broken spirits.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry the weather has been so bad. I'll try to think of your six days without power next time they cut mine off for 8 hours. I'll def. be praying for the fam & Hendersonville.
~Lauren-Michaele